Educational projects - Schools
The Carlo Collodi National Foundation has consistently promoted a culture of and for children through Pinocchio, encouraging its special relationship with schools. Over the years, many cultural and educational initiatives have led the institution to work with schools in every region of Italy to encourage children's creativity, imagination, and a sense of initiative.
Since 1988, one event that has solidified the link between the foundation and schools even more is Pinocchio's Birthday, celebrated on the last Saturday in May at Pinocchio Park. The annual birthday invitation asks schools from all over Italy to register for one or more competitions.
Pinocchio's Birthday directs attention to social and cultural issues and encourages youngsters, families, and schools to actively participate in a thoughtful and creative process.
In particular, the initiative aims to promote:
- acquaintance with a book, like The Adventures of Pinocchio, which is recognized culturally throughout the world;
- rediscovering writing by hand, in collaboration with the Italian Calligraphic Association and Pelikan;
- learning about opera from an early age, promoted through a collaboration agreement with SINAPSI GROUP for the Pinocchio at the Opera project;
- the free expressiveness of a child through drawing;
- knowledge of art, in collaboration with the National Association of Art History Teachers (ANISA);
- the child's imagination through a competition with Pinocchio and its characters in search of an author;
- developing the programming of the school's education plan (POF).